Welcome to VMware Digital Workspace Tech Zone
Welcome to VMware Digital Workspace Tech Zone, your fastest path to understanding, evaluating, and deploying VMware End-User Computing (EUC) products. Tech Zone's mission to bring you insightful and accurate guidance on our current released products.
What is VMware Digital Workspace Tech Zone?
VMware Tech Zone fits neatly into the larger picture of resources at VMware. By focusing on practical product guidance, Tech Zone is able to complement traditional VMware EUC resources.
What Kind of Content is on VMware Tech Zone?
On VMware Tech Zone, we've made it our mission to provide you with the resources you need, wherever you are in your digital workspace journey. For this reason, some content on Tech Zone is extremely technical and intended for digital workspace gurus. Other content is more general and intended for everyone to enjoy.
- VMware Communities
- Product Page
- VMware Docs
- Test Drive
- Developer Network
- Path Finder
The content on Tech Zone comes in five basic formats:
The following diagram explains which resources answer your questions, and which format each resource takes.
How Do I Navigate VMware Tech Zone?
The easiest way to navigate through Tech Zone is by using the top navigation menu:
- Start - Expand the Start menu to access the featured content, with curated product and solution activity paths that provide a variety of resources to guide you from beginner to expert. It also contains our most popular assets for Workspace ONE and Horizon.
- Workspace ONE - Find out about all things Workspace ONE, the digital workspace platform that delivers and manages any app on any device.
- Horizon - Find out everything you ever wanted to know about VMware Horizon and VMware Horizon Cloud.
- Blog - Get the latest announcements, best practices, opinion pieces, and find out what's new in the EUC products.
- Communities - Listen to experts from the field tackle top-of-mind technical topics.
- Customer Connect - Jump to the VMware knowledge base, VMware Docs, training, and more.
- Log in - Use your VMware Cloud Service Portal ID (also known as myVMware ID, or Partner ID) to sign in for access to features that improve your experience (see more about this below).
- 9-Patch - Digital Workspace Tech Zone isn't the only VMware resource! Click the 9-patch icon to jump to our sister sites within the Tech Zone family, and beyond.
- Search - Use the VMware Tech Zone search engine to zero in on what you want to know. To begin, enter keywords into the search bar. Then filter results by specific components, levels of understanding, and type of resource.
The Resource Bar
For fast access to several of our key assets and features, we also have the Resource Bar. Click the icons to jump directly to your destination:
- Browse - Browse our catalog by topic without bothering with filters, hiding content you're not interested in. It's on every search results page, giving you more powerful ways to hone in on what's important to you.
- Reference Architecture - Jump directly to our most popular page, the RA, for guidance on the architecture, design considerations, and deployment of Workspace ONE and Horizon.
- Compete - You can see the confidential breakdown between competitors only if you are logged in.
- Activity Paths - Curated content for admins of all levels of expertise.
- Utilities - Explore the latest VMware tools and utilities designed to get your end user computing environment running smoothly.
- Workspace ONE - See everything about Workspace ONE in the place.
- Horizon - Jump to everything about VMware Horizon in one place.
Log In to Access Even More Features
We strongly encourage you to log in to VMware Tech Zone. You won’t get more content, that’s always free to everyone, but you will get access to features that improve your experience. There are no new IDs or passwords to remember—just use your existing VMware ID—the same one you use to get support or to download products.
Here's a list of some of the amazing features available when you sign in:
- Pins - Pin your favorite assets and keep them in one handy location.
- Rate content - Let us know which assets you found helpful.
- Share - Share your favorites through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or good old-fashioned email.
- RSS feed - Subscribe to the RSS feed and never miss another update. Get notified as soon as new content is published.
- Feedback - Submit a comment or send feedback to suggest an improvement.
- History - Keep tabs on your browsing, sharing, and search history so you can easily find that asset. You can also view which assets you have rated.
- Email updates - Option to subscribe to a weekly email to get the latest updates direct to your inbox.
- Messages - When things change we will notify you of the important stuff.
- My Company - See what others at your company are consuming.
VMware Tech Zone's Evolution
Here at Tech Zone, we're constantly rolling out changes and site improvements. So, our site can change from day to day.
But we don't believe in change just for the sake of change. Instead, your needs drive our evolution. All iterations of this site are intended to help make the most relevant, need-to-know information as accessible as possible. Thank you for your patience as we grow.
To stay up to date with the latest changes to the site, check out our What's New in VMware Digital Workspace Tech Zone blog series:
About the Author and Contributors
This page was brought to you by:
- Hannah Jernigan has been working as a technical communicator at VMware since 2012. Her professional interests relate to user engagement and producing relevant, effective content.
- Andy Morris has been working as a VMware EUC product marketeer since 2015, managing enterprise products and the famous Workstation and Fusion personal portfolios. Prior to VMware, Andy was VP of product management at Abaca, and worked for AppSense, LogLogic and IBM. Andy holds a computer science degree from DeMontford University. He currently owns the Tech Zone platform.
- Cindy Carroll is a Technical Writer Manager in VMware EUC Technical Marketing with over 20 years of experience communicating software concepts online. Cindy has been producing and collaborating on guides, blog posts, and other content about VMware Horizon Cloud, VMware Workspace ONE, VMware App Volumes, and more, since 2013.
Your feedback is valuable.