Welcome to VMware Digital Workspace Tech Zone
Welcome to VMware Digital Workspace Tech Zone, your fastest path to understanding, evaluating and deploying VMware End User Computing (EUC) products. Tech Zone's mission to bring you insightful and accurate guideance on our current released products.
What is VMware Digital Workspace Tech Zone?
VMware Tech Zone fits neatly into the larger picture of resources at VMware. By focusing on practical product guidance, Tech Zone is able to complement traditional VMware EUC resources.
What Kind of Content is on VMware Tech Zone?
On VMware Tech Zone, we've made it our mission to provide you with the resources you need, wherever you are in your digital workspace journey. For this reason, some content on Tech Zone is extremely technical and intended for digital workspace gurus. Other content is more general and intended for everyone to enjoy.
The content on Tech Zone comes in five basic formats:
The following diagram explains which resources answer your fundamental questions, and which format each resource takes.
How Do I Navigate VMware Tech Zone?
The easiest way to navigate through Tech Zone is by using the top navigation menu:
- Start - Expand the Start menu to access the featured content, with curated product and solution activity paths that provide a variety of resources to guide you from beginner to expert. It also contains our most popular assets for Workspace ONE and Horizon.
- Workspace ONE - Find out about all things Workspace ONE, the digital workspace platform that delivers and manages any app on any device.
- Horizon - Find out everything you ever wanted to know about VMware Horizon 7 and VMware Horizon Cloud.
- Tools - Facilitate your efforts with deployment tools, installers, migration and registration tools, backup utilities, and much more.
- Podcast - Listen in as experts from the field tackle top-of-mind technical topics.
- Blog - Get the latest announcements, read opinion pieces by Brian Madden, and find out what’s new in the EUC product releases.
- Log in - Use your VMware Cloud Service Portal ID (also known as myVMware ID, or Partner ID) to sign in for access to features that improve your experience (see more about this below).
- Site Switcher - Digital Workspace Tech Zone isn't the only VMware resource, use the site switcher to jump to our sister sites.
- Search - Use the VMware Tech Zone search engine to zero in on what you want to know. To begin, enter keywords into the search bar. Then filter results by specific components, levels of understanding, and type of resource.
The Resource Bar
For fast access to several of our key assets and features, we also have the Resource Bar. Click the M&M's to be taken directly to your destination
Don’t miss TechZone’s Browse icon
If you want to search through TechZone by topic, and you don’t want to bother with filters, then all you’ve got to do is click the Browse icon. Browse opens a view that allows you to filter TechZone by topic, filtering out the content you aren’t interested in. It's also available on every search results page, givening you even more powerful ways of honing in on the content you need.
Log In to Access Even More Features
We strongly encourage you to log in to VMware Tech Zone. You won’t get more content, that’s always free to everyone. But you will get access to features that improve your experience. There’s no new ID’s or passwords to remember, you simply use your existing VMware ID. The same one you use to get support or download products.
Here's a list of some of the amazing features available when you sign in:
- Pins - Pin your favorite assets and keep them in one handy location.
- Rate content - Let us know which assets you found helpful.
- Share - Share your favorites through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or good old-fashioned email.
- RSS feed - Subscribe to the RSS feed and never miss another update. Get notified as soon as new content is published.
- Feedback - Submit a comment or send feedback to suggest an improvement.
- History - Keep tabs on your browsing, sharing, and search history so you can easily find that asset. You can also view which assets you have rated.
- Email updates - Option to subscribe to a weekly email to get the latest updates direct to your inbox.
- Messages - When things change we will notify you of the important stuff.
- My Company - See what others at your company are consuming.
VMware Tech Zone's Evolution
Here at Tech Zone, we're constantly rolling out changes and site improvements. So, our site can change from day to day.
But we don't believe in change just for the sake of change. Instead, your needs drive our evolution. All iterations of this site are intended to help make the most relevant, need-to-know information as accessible as possible. Thank you for your patience as we grow.
To stay up to date with the latest changes to the site, check out our What's New in VMware Digital Workspace Tech Zone blog series: