Summary and Next Steps
Summary and Next Steps
This Quick-Start Tutorial introduced you to the JMP integrated workflow, available from the Horizon Console, and enabled you to set up a proof-of-concept environment through practical exercises.
After you have deployed your proof-of-concept implementation, you can explore the product further or plan your production environment by examining Additional Resources.
Terminology Used in This Tutorial
The following terms are used in this tutorial.
|Instant clone||A copy of an existing VM that shares virtual disks with the parent VM, but that, at creation time, shares the memory of the running parent VM from which it is created.
||A virtual desktop run from a snapshot of a parent VM. An instant-clone desktop is always deleted and re-created when the user logs off.
||The user interface of a virtual machine that has been made available to an end user.
||A software computer running an operating system or application environment that is backed by the physical resources of a host.
For more information about JMP features and the JMP integrated workflow, you can explore the following resources:
- JMP and VMware Horizon 7 Deployment Considerations
- Tech Zone Expert Series - Top Questions on Horizon 7 JMP Technologies (Video)
- VMware Horizon 7 v 7.5 Technical What's New Overview (Video includes a demo of the JMP workflow)
- Just-in-Time Management Platform JMP Archives - VMware Blogs
- Product documentation:
- Evaluate VMware Products
- Horizon Support Center
- VMware Knowledge Base articles
- VMware Product Guide
- VMware Product Interoperability Matrices
- VMware Professional ServicesVMware Workspace ONE and VMware Horizon Packaging and Licensing guide
About the Author and Contributors
Caroline Arakelian is a Senior Technical Marketing Manager, End-User-Computing Technical Marketing, VMware.
The following people contributed to the review of this quick-start guide:
- Josh Spencer is an End-User-Computing Architect in the Technical Marketing group at VMware.
- Jim Yanik is a Senior Manager of End-User-Computing (EUC) Technical Marketing at VMware.
To comment on this paper, contact VMware End-User-Computing Technical Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org.