Basic JMP Integrated Workflow
Basic JMP Integrated Workflow
Create a JMP Assignment
In this exercise, you select the end users, instant-clone desktop pool, App Volumes AppStacks, and User Environment Manager settings to define a JMP assignment. If you have not set up App Volumes or User Environment Manager, you can still do this exercise and skip those components.
Prerequisites for Creating a JMP Assignment
Before you perform this exercise, you need:
- User or user group – You must have set up users and user groups in Active Directory. As part of this exercise, you will enter the first two letters of the user or group name.
- Instant-clone desktop pool – You must have created an instant-clone desktop pool using Horizon Administrator or the Horizon Console. For instructions, see Creating Instant-Clone Desktop Pools.
- App Volumes AppStacks – If you plan to select applications as part of the JMP integrated workflow, you must have created AppStacks that contain the applications you want to deploy and manage. For instructions, see Reviewer's Guide for VMware App Volumes.
- User Environment Manager settings – If you plan to apply granular control policies as part of the JMP integrated workflow, you must have created settings in User Environment Manager. For instructions, see Quick-Start Tutorial for User Environment Manager.
- JMP server – You must have installed the JMP server and configured JMP settings by completing the previous exercises in this quick-start guide. The following topic, Administering JMP Assignments, summarizes the JMP server prerequisites.
1. Create a New JMP Assignment
- Log in to the Horizon Console, and click Assignments.
- Click New.
2. Type the First Letters of a User or Group Name
- Type the first two letters of a user or group that you want to assign the desktop workspace to. The domain is already selected.
- Select the user or group from the list of search results, and click Next.
3. Select a Desktop Pool
Select the desktop pool in the table, and click Next.
4. Select the Applications
Select one or more check boxes next to the applications you want to deploy, and click Next.
Note: If you are not using App Volumes or did not configure an App Volumes Manager server, you can click Skip.
5. Complete the User Environment Settings
Select one or more settings to apply, and click Next. Note which settings you select so that you will be able to verify later whether they have been applied when the user logs in to their desktop.
Important: With Disable UEM Settings? set to No, clicking Skip means that all the User Environment Manager settings are going to be applied to the virtual desktop workspaces in this JMP assignment. If you do not want all the settings applied, be sure to select the ones that you do want applied.
6. Name the Assignment and Schedule It
- Use the default assignment name (as shown in the screen shot), or enter a different name.
- Select whether to attach the AppStacks immediately or at the next login (recommended).
- Click Next.
7. Submit the Assignment
Review the assignment, and click Submit.
8. Monitor Progress
Hover your pointer over the status indicator. While the new JMP assignment is queued for storage in the JMP database, the status is
Pending. After the assignment is added to the database, the status changes to