Tutorial 1 - 11 min activityCloud-Based VMware Workspace ONE Overview
Tutorial 2 - 15 min activityInstallation and Setup
Tutorial 3 - 21 min activityInitial Configuration
Tutorial 4 - 30 min activityConfiguring Mobile Single Sign-On for iOS
Tutorial 5 - 12 min activityConfiguring Adaptive Management for iOS
Tutorial 6 - 22 min activityManaging Windows 10 Devices
Tutorial 7 - 19 min activityManaging Bring-Your-Own Android Devices
Tutorial 8 - 10 min activityManaging Android Devices
Tutorial 9 - 15 min activityManaging Chrome OS Devices
Tutorial 10 - 22 min activityConfiguring Mobile Flows
Tutorial 11 - 42 min activityImplementing Workspace ONE Intelligence
Tutorial 12 - 23 min activityConfiguring Workspace ONE Tunnel
Tutorial 13 - 5 min activitySummary and Next Steps
Summary and Next Steps
Summary and Next Steps
This Quick-Start Tutorial introduced you to cloud-based VMware Workspace ONE and enabled you to set up a proof-of-concept environment through practical exercises.
After you have deployed your proof-of-concept implementation, you can explore the product further or plan your production environment by examining Additional Resources.
Terminology Used in This Tutorial
The following terms are used in this tutorial:
|application store||A user interface (UI) framework that provides access to a self-service catalog, public examples of which include the Apple App Store, the Google Play Store, and the Microsoft Store.
|auto-enrollment||Auto-enrollment simplifies the enrollment process by automatically enrolling registered devices following the Out-of-Box-Experience.
|catalog||A user interface (UI) that displays a personalized set of virtual desktops and applications to users and administrators. These resources are available to be launched upon selection.
|cloud||Asset of securely accessed, network-based services and applications. A cloud can also host data storage. Clouds can be private or public, as well as hybrid, which is both private and public.
|device enrollment||The process of installing the mobile device management agent on an authorized device. This allows access to VMware products with application stores, such as VMware Identity Manager.
|identity provider (IdP)||A mechanism used in a single-sign-on (SSO) framework to automatically give a user access to a resource based on their authentication to a different resource.
|mobile device management
|Software installed on an authorized device to monitor, manage, and secure end-user access to enterprise resources.
|one-touch login||A mechanism that provides single sign-on (SSO) from an authorized device to enterprise resources.
|service provider (SP)
||A host that offers resources, tools, and applications to users and devices.
|virtual desktop||The user interface of a virtual machine that is made available to an end user.
|virtual machine||A software-based computer, running an operating system or application environment, that is located in the data center and backed by the resources of a physical computer.
For more information, see the VMware Glossary.
For more information about Workspace ONE, you can explore the following resources.
- VMware Workspace ONE Learning Path
- VMware Workspace ONE Product Page
- VMware Workspace ONE Documentation
- VMware Workspace ONE UEM Documentation
- VMware Identity Manager Product Page
- VMware Identity Manager Documentation
- VMware AirWatch Product Page
- VMware AirWatch Documentation
- VMware Workspace ONE free trial
- VMware Workspace ONE Enterprise Edition Reference Architecture
- VMware End-User-Computing Blog
- Workspace ONE Hands-On Lab
About the Authors and Contributors
The Quick-Start Tutorials for Cloud-Based VMware Workspace ONE was written and updated by
- Gina Daly, Technical Marketing Manager, End-User-Computing Technical Marketing, VMware
- Hannah Jernigan, Technical Marketing Manager, End-User-Computing Technical Marketing, VMware
Appreciation and acknowledgment for considerable contributions from the following subject matter experts:
- Karim Chelouati, Senior Technical Marketing Manager, End-User-Computing Technical Marketing, VMware
- Camilo Lotero, Senior Technical Marketing Manager, End-User-Computing Technical Marketing, VMware
- Josue Negron, Senior Solutions Architect, End-User-Computing Technical Marketing, VMware
- Mike Nelson, Senior Solutions Engineer, End-User-Computing Field Engineering, VMware
- Justin Sheets, Senior Technical Marketing Manager, End-User-Computing Technical Marketing, VMware
- Robert Terakedis, Senior Technical Marketing Manager, End-User-Computing Technical Marketing, VMware
Contributors to the original document include
- Kevin Sheehan, Senior Product Manager, Windows 10 Unified Endpoint Management, VMware
- Andrew Hornsby, Product Manager, Mobile Identity, VMware
- Vikas Jain, VMware alumnus
- Ben Siler, VMware alumnus
- Oliver Forder, Lead End-User-Computing Specialist, EMEA End-User-Computing Practice, VMware
- Neil Tarbit, Director, Systems Engineering, End-User Computing, VMware
- Roger Deane, Senior Manager, End-User-Computing Technical Marketing, VMware
To comment on this paper, contact VMware End-User-Computing Technical Marketing at email@example.com.