Tutorial 1 - 2 min activityOverview
Tutorial 2 - 8 min activityInitial Configurations
Tutorial 3 - 17 min activityEnabling Workspace ONE AirLift
Tutorial 4 - 20 min activityMigrating Devices and Users from SCCM
Tutorial 5 - 7 min activityMigrating Applications from SCCM
Tutorial 6 - 23 min activityMigrating GPOs from SCCM
Tutorial 7 - 28 min activityManaging CSPs Using VMware Policy Builder
Tutorial 8 - 6 min activityRemoving the SCCM Client
Tutorial 9 - 4 min activitySummary and Additional Resources
Migrating Applications from SCCM
Migrating Applications from SCCM
In this module, you will migrate an application from Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to Workspace ONE UEM using Workspace ONE AirLift
Migrate Application from SCCM to Workspace ONE UEM with AirLift
1. Review Applications in AirLift
AirLift imports metadata on SCCM Applications and allows these applications to be imported via APIs to Workspace ONE UEM. This greatly simplifies the process of migrating applications to Workspace ONE without the need for repackaging.
Back in the AirLift Console in Chrome,
- Click on Applications.
- Review the list of applications that have already been imported into AirLift.
1.1. Review Applications in SCCM
- Click the SCCM Console icon from the task bar.
- Click on Software Library.
- Expand Application Management.
- Click Applications.
- Review the applications in SCCM - notice they match what was imported into AirLift.
2. Managing Applications in AirLift
In the AirLift Console in Chrome,
- Click the checkbox next to 7-Zip 17.01 (x64 edition).
- Click on the informational tooltip. Notice we receive a validation warning since our app in SCCM is set for both system/user install context. AirLift tells us it will default to using Device context when exporting to Workspace ONE UEM.
- Click the Export button to export an application from SCCM to Workspace ONE UEM.
2.1. Export Applications Confirmation
Click Export to confirm.
2.2. Viewing Exported App in Workspace ONE UEM Console
AirLift indicates when an application has been exported, then displays a link under the Workspace Application column.
- After the Application has been exported, the Status will change from Exporting to Exported.
- To manually check the status of the export, click the Refresh button.
NOTE: The application may take several minutes to finish exporting.
- Click the 7-Zip 17.01 (x64 edition) hyperlink, which takes you directly to the app in the Workspace ONE UEM console.
2.3. Assign 7-Zip
2.4. Assign and Publish the Application
Once we export the app to the Workspace ONE UEM console, all you have to do is assign the app to devices. In this case, we will assign the app to our AirLift smart group which we mapped to our Win10 SCCM device collection.
Click Add Assignment.
2.5. Add Assignment
- Select the AirLift smart group for the Assignment Group.
- Select Auto for the App Delivery Method.
2.6. Configure Assignment Policies
- Scroll down to the Policies section.
- Select Enabled for Make App MDM Managed if User Installed.
NOTE: This option allows Workspace ONE UEM to assume management of an application that the user has already installed, allowing you to check for installation status and manage the application as necessary.
- Click Add.
2.7. Update Assignment
Click Save & Publish.
Connect to the Windows 10 Virtual Machine
Click the Close (X) button to return to the Main Console.
1. Connect to Windows 10 Virtual Machine
Double-click the Win10-01a.rdp shortcut on the desktop of the Main Console.
Confirm Application Install on Windows 10 Device
- Click the Windows button.
- Click the dropdown next to the 7-Zip folder.
- Confirm the 7-Zip File Manager.exe has installed on the device.
- You may also notice that the 7-Zip File Manager.exe has been added to the Recently Added list at the top of the start menu.
This confirms that you were able to successfully export the application details from SCCM, import the application into Workspace ONE UEM and then assign and install the application to your devices.
This module reviewed how to utilize AirLift to quickly migrate your desired application from SCCM to Workspace ONE UEM and how to deploy this application to your devices and users.