The latest VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence features are now available! This release’s highlights include: a new Insights page, Intelligence UI updates, Identity Analytics, Apteligent integration, and more.
To learn about these features in depth, take the Workspace ONE Intelligence Hands-On Lab.
- Insights Page
The new Insights page provides the latest updates and metrics on Intelligence usage—metrics such as the total number of OS versions installed on managed devices, and the amount of devices at risk based on key metrics defined in Workspace ONE Intelligence. The Insights page is now the default page when users log in to Workspace One Intelligence and shows only the features that are part of their Workspace ONE subscription.
- Intelligence UI Updates
As part of the continuous improvements based on customer feedback, Intelligence brings the following important updates to the UI:
- New defined operator values for Within and Not Within to suggest rolling relative time ranges in Reports
- New Contains operator for matching string value
- OS Version list values are now grouped by Platform
- Workspace ONE Intelligence Identity Analytics
You can now authorize VMware Identity Manager as a data source to stream data about Workspace ONE users and events to Intelligence. This allows you to monitor user logins, track app usage and user engagement including web apps and virtual apps.
Leveraging data from VMware Identity Manager allows Workspace ONE Intelligence to provide analytics across identity. For example, getting insights into the number of app launches or whether an employee has launched an app in the last 6 months gives IT the ability to automatically revoke licenses as needed. Getting insights into failed logins into apps helps IT identify a possible malicious actor or bot attempting to log into those apps.
The Insights into User Logins and Application Launches are available through Dashboards, where the users can customize their Widgets to visualize this data in a way that fits their organization needs. You can also leverage Apps Dashboard that provides key metrics, such as Monthly and Daily unique users, and total App Launches for a particular app.
Watch this video for details about enabling Workspace ONE Intelligence Identity analytics.
A high-level overview of the integration process is as follows:
- In the Intelligence Console, navigate to Settings > VMware Identity Manager > Set Up > Get Started.
- Provide VMware Identity Manager tenant URL.
- Provide VMware Identity Manager administrator credentials.
- Confirm that VMware Identity Manager data can be sent to Workspace ONE Intelligence.
- VMware Identity Manager SaaS instance
- OS Updates Dashboard
The OS Updates dashboard provides a single view of the current Windows OS versions and applications patches distributed across the entire environment.
This provides IT administrators visibility into all managed endpoints, helping to determine:
- OS fragmentation
- OS versions to end of life
- Devices impacted by OS vulnerabilities
- Track adoption and trajectory of newly released OS updates from both a current and historical perspective
- Automation Based on Apps Data
Automation in Workspace ONE Intelligence has been extended, allowing IT administrators to automate processes based on apps data.
The correlation between apps and device data allow IT to take actions based on conditions of an app that is installed or about to be installed on the device.
There are two templates available:
- Reinstall Android Launcher when detected as inactive
- App Dependency Orchestration
Users can create as many automations as they want based on apps data.
- The App Name or App Identifier must be part of the Filter.
- Apteligent Integration Updates
Apteligent monitors, prioritizes, troubleshoots, and trends your mobile app performance issues in real-time. To streamline the integration between Intelligence and Apteligent, a new wizard is available from the Workspace ONE Intelligence Console.
So, how can Workspace ONE users access the Apteligent Console? When an Intelligence administrator registers the first iOS or Android app through the Workspace ONE Intelligence Console, an Apteligent account is automatically created.
Watch this video for details about Apteligent integration with Workspace ONE Intelligence.
A high-level overview of the mobile app registration process is as follows:
- In the Intelligence Console, navigate to Settings > Apteligent > View.
- Add mobile application.
- Enter details to create an Apteligent account.
- After registration completes, Apteligent SDK instructions are available in the Workspace ONE Intelligence Console.
- Application details like platform and bundle identifier.
- Credentials for the Apteligent console are defined by the Intelligence administrator user during the first-time registration process.
- New System Health Status Page
Subscribe to the Workspace ONE Intelligence System Health Status page to see the status of multiple Workspace ONE services—such as APIs and event proxy—across AWS.
- ETL Outbound Proxy Support
During the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector installation, you can now choose to enable the proxy. You can change configuration values after installation by updating the configuration file located in C:AirWatchETLServiceserviceWDPETLService.exe.parameters.
This feature is available in the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector 9.7.
Co-Authors and Contributors
Andreano Lanusse, Staff End User Computing Architect, VMware, co-authored this blog post.