This first update to the Blast Extreme Optimization Guide adds information about VMware’s new Blast Codec.
First introduced in Horizon 7.10, the Blast Codec provides an excellent user experience while using significantly less network and system resources than competing options. Also included is expanded information on how to configure key Blast Extreme settings, recommendations on when to use the Encoder Switch, and guidance for supporting Work-from-Home and Home-Office-to-Cloud use cases.
See the list below for even more and stay tuned! We have big plans for Blast Extreme and a backlog of topics we want to cover in future releases of this guide.
- Added information about the Blast Codec, and new details on using the encoder switch.
- Expanded the guidance on how to enable different codecs and verify the running configuration.
- Added information on using Network Quality-of-Service (Qos) to prioritize Blast Extreme.
- Added recommendations for supporting work-from-home and home-office-to-cloud use cases.
- Added details about OpenGL and DirectX compatibility with hardware GPUs in remoted physical PCs.
- Added guidance on the benefits of HTML5 multimedia redirection.
- Added new observations on the impact of increasing screen resolution on key system resources.