Announcing End of Life / End of Availability of Horizon Cloud Service – first-gen
If you are currently using Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure or Horizon Cloud Connector, keep your eyes peeled. You’ll need to migrate to Horizon Cloud Service - next-gen by the end of January 2025.
Right now, we’re reaching out to targeted customers to help them migrate. Scheduled, self-service migration will be coming shortly. This mandatory migration is a service upgrade that is free of charge. We’ve worked hard to offer the most seamless migration experience possible and will be there at every step to support you in this process.
How can I find out more?
The best thing you can do to prepare is to develop an understanding and familiarity with Horizon Cloud Service – next gen. Start by watching the following video to learn more about the migration of Horizon Cloud Service – first gen to Horizon Cloud Service – next gen:
What do I need to do?
For now, we are notifying you when you become eligible for migration by sending an email invitation. In the next few months, we’ll open the process up to everyone. At that point, self-service migration will be fully automated, and you’ll be able to schedule an automated migration window to suit your business needs. Meanwhile, there are a few things you can do to prepare your environments for migration.
Keep a look out for additional communications from us about the upcoming migration process. And start familiarizing yourself with the process and how to prepare for it:
- Watch the video to get an in-depth description of the migration, background, process, and additional resources.
- Read the guide to learn about the self-service migration process.
- See the KB article to get the migration schedule.
- See the product documentation to find out about prerequisites, process, and how to prepare for migration.
- See for an overview of the new service, key features, and benefits.
- See the to learn more about the new architecture.